Chad Hays is a Vermilion County native who grew up in Catlin, Illinois. He graduated from Catlin High School (1981), Danville Area Community College (1983) and Southern Illinois University at Carbondale (1986).
Hays and his wife Ruth, have three children ages 25, 23 and 14, and reside in Catlin.
Illinois House of Representatives 2010-2012
- Appropriations/ Human Services Committee
- Higher Education Committee
- Agriculture and Conservation Committee
Senior Leadership Experience:
Former Vice President, Provena United Samaritans Medical Center/Foundation
- personally oversees multi-million dollar budgets and programs
- part of Sr. Leadership team that implemented $12 million in cost efficiencies and improvements in 2009 alone at local hospital.
- strategic and operational leadership behind Provena United Samaritans Foundation, raising over $13 million for hospital and community benefit efforts.
- experienced in improving efficiency, quality and measurable outcomes in difficult economic times
Mayor of Catlin, IL
- 8 consecutive balanced budgets
- completed the most comprehensive streets, public works and facilities upgrades in decades without affecting the long-term debt structure of the municipality.
- Chief Executive and Financial Officer for the community.
- Awarded Catlin’s Citizen of the Year distinction (the community’s highest honor) at age 41. This is a lifetime achievement award usually reserved for citizens well into their 60’s or 70’s.
Chair – Vermilion County Mayor’s Council – voted seven consecutive years by peers to lead the Mayor’s Council
President, Danville Noon Rotary – Danville area’s largest service club, led efforts to commemorate 90thanniversary including hosting international President from Sweden.
- most comprehensive multi-use upgrade of recreational facilities in Vermilion County history
- winner of Governor’s Hometown Award for Excellence through Volunteerism
- First all-weather track in Vermilion County
- paid for in full with no long-term financing
Other Senior Leadership positions include:
- Paris Community Hospital – Clinic Administrator for Family Medical Center
- Valmont Electric – negotiated contracts for Fortune 500 Company
- Danville Polyclinic – Director of Planning and Development during construction of current Polyclinic facility.
- Provena United Samaritans Medical Center – Clinic Administrator for Provena Health Partners.
Record of Excellence:
- Festival of Trees, Provena Foundations most public event, has been named the outstanding event in the Danville area 9 consecutive times.
- Award winning community outreach efforts including:
- Faith In Action/Faith In Action South – over 5,000 seniors served annually
- HALO Project – innovative, meaningful initiatives directed at our community’s most pronounced needs. Assisted over 350 children with dental care in the fall of 2009.
- I Sing the Body Electric – the most comprehensive data related to the behaviors of adolescents of any County in the United States. 75% participation rate among Vermilion County high school students. The catalyst for significant dollars remaining in our community to address serious issues related to our children.
- Young Men & Young Women Aware – partnership with Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Vermilion County. Executive Director Rose Henton proclaims “We partner with Chad and the Foundation because they mean action!”
*All programs sustained by private support through the Foundation and Provena USMC.
Lifetime of Service:
Present and past community based activities/affiliations/awards:
- United Way, Vermilion County Division chairperson.
- Board of Directors, Vermilion Area Community Health Center.
- Board of Directors, Vermilion County Crimestoppers.
- Board of Directors, Vermilion County Community Development Corporation.
- Board of Directors, Danville Area Economic Development Corporation (1992-1999).
- Vermilion County Overall Economic Development Corporation.
- Advisory Board – Tech Prep & Workforce Challenge 2000 initiative.
- Festival of Trees Steering Committee.
- President – Rotary Club of Danville, 2005/2006, current member.
- Faith in Action South Advisory Council (2001 – Present).
- I Sing the Body Electric Partners Board (2002 – Present).
- YMCA annual fundraising campaign.
- Chairman, Vermilion County Mayor’s Council (1992-1999).
- Co-chairman, Boy Scouts of America major fundraising campaign.
- Catlin Citizen of the Year – 2004
- Chairman, Catlin Recreation Complex initiative – winner of 2003 Governor’s Hometown Award for Excellence Through Volunteerism.
- Catlin Zoning Board of Appeals – Chair (2001 – Present)
- Mentor – Big Brothers, Big Sisters School Based Program (2002-2007).
- Member, Sons of the American Legion – Catlin American Legion.